self guided taco + Margarita tour
It’s a tour in a tote! This self-guided tour hits several of the taco + margarita hot spots in Fort Worth. As a bonus, you’ll also find detour suggestions of Fort Worth landmarks and notable spots to visit so you can really get to know the city! Also included are locally made products that include Taco Sauce, Chile Margarita Salt, and Chile sweet/sour lollipops to keep the taco tour vibes going after your tour!
- Eat This Fort Worth Tote Bag
- Taco & Margarita Tour Itinerary (printed itinerary + PDF)
- Itinerary suggestions make it easy to choose your own “Taco Eating” Adventure!
- Detour suggestions for nearby notable Fort Worth landmarks + parks
- Map of all locations
- Tour selections are made with social distancing in mind
- Locally made food products that include: taco sauce, sour chile Margarita salt, a bag of sweet/sour chili lollipops Not included: purchase of tacos + margaritas (varies at each location, tacos cost between $2-6, Margaritas cost $5-9)
experience eat This fort worth’s
signature tour your way!
Tour in a tote!
- Purchase Taco Tote
- Purchases are made through Gumroad and confirmation + PDF will come from them
- Receive PDF with Itinerary Information in your Email
- Choose FREE Delivery (within 15 miles of Downtown Fort Worth) and provide delivery details at checkout or choose to have tote shipped
- Tote will contain tour packet + map + locally made shelf-stable food products
- Plan out your taco eating adventure & go!
- Take one or all of the “detours” included in the itinerary to really get to know Fort Worth!
- Contact us if you still have questions!
Just like on the taco tour, you are provide with taco suggestions for each place. Some items may be “off-menu” based on chef/owner recommendations. Tacos are selected to showcase each restaurant and to provide a variety of fillings. Margarita and non-alcoholic pairings are also suggested. Vegetarian options for each location are also provided. The card inside your tour packet lets you know exactly what to order.
In the emailed PDF you receive upon purchase you will get detailed information about each spot and why it was chosen for this tour. This will help you plan your taco adventure based on what types of places you’d like to visit, from the true taquerias to modern versions.
Take the scenic route! Along with each taco spot you’ll get a recommendation for a nearby “detour”. This gives you a chance to explore Fort Worth. Suggested detours include well-know spots along with hidden gems like this waterfall. This oasis is only a five minute drive and a short hike from one of the restaurants on the taco itinerary!
Inside of the tote bag you will find your tour packet. This packet contains your itinerary suggestions. It also includes a handy reference card that details the recommended taco and beverage options. Detour information is also tucked inside the packet. And finally, there is a map of taco spot locations + detours that you can reference.
This self-guided tour was developed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Until it is safe to gather around a shared food experience again, this tour gives you a chance to eat and explore your way. Places were chosen for their safety precautions and ability to seat patrons outdoors when possible. Some spots are only offering curbside or pick-up, these are clearly noted in the tour packet. Some places may also have limited seating during peak hours. Currently, it’s required to wear a mask to enter any business in Fort Worth including restaurants (you are allowed to remove the mask once you are seated). Please plan accordingly.
Tour operators will monitor restaurant partners and will notify tour participants about any closures and offer alternate suggestions if necessary.
Taco & Margarita tour
There’s nothing more Fort Worth than Tacos! The Taco and Margarita Tour gives you the best way to experience Fort Worth’s amazing taco culture. Enjoy an insider’s view of Fort Worth as we visit hidden gems and familiar favorites on this 3 hour guided tour. Leave the driving to us, all you have to do is sit back, enjoy and eat tacos. We will visit three taco spots and enjoy some of the best margaritas in town. ($4 per ticket discount for groups of 4).
3 Hours 3 stops
6PM – 9PM
Pick up at Salsa Limon 1465 W. Magnolia, Fort Worth TX 76107
4 tacos, chips and salsa, 2 margaritas
Our tours typically last around 3 hours. Show up hungry!
To get a full experience we typically visit 3 restaurants during our tours.
Leave the driving to us! You will ride in comfort on a bus.
buy a gift card
Gift this tour to someone awesome! Click here to purchase.
- Perfect for taco fans!
- Led by a local who knows & loves Fort Worth
- Get fun facts about tacos & Fort Worth as we travel throughout the city
- Leave the driving to us – we will travel through the city in a bus/mini-bus or van
- Tour vibe: Authentic, adventurous (one adventurous taco!), fun, informative, casual
- Enjoy 4 tacos and 2 margaritas
- Try a curated selection of tacos that include street style tacos, traditional tacos and modern taco interpretations
- Locations subject to change due to availability
- 1 flour tortilla authentic beef street style taco, 1 pork taco, 1 beef taco, chips and salsa, 1 chicken/pork taco (some items may change due to availability of venue)
- Dietary accommodations can be made with advanced notice for gluten-free(substitute corn tortillas) or vegetarian (bean substitute, street corn)-advanced notice must be provided
- Non-drinkers can substitute Aguas Frescas (fresh fruit water) for Margaritas
- Non-alcoholic beverages are available in a cooler on the bus
- Uber/Lyft is encouraged
Private Taco and Margarita Tour of Fort Worth
Book your own Private Taco & Margarita Tour of Fort Worth! Perfect for groups – small or large.
Available from Wednesday to Sunday.
Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
Yes. The bests experiences are planned experiences and we require tickets be bought in advance so our restaurant partners can plan and prepare for our groups arrival.
Where will we be going?
Part of the fun of the tour is the element of surprise. You will discover each location before we arrive. The itinerary changes based on tour group size and partner restaurant availability. The itinerary is finalized 2 days before the event. Details can be provided upon email request after ticket purchase.
Are there Age restrictions?
Yes. Tours that include alcohol require a minimum age of 21 to attend.
I have dietary restrictions. Can I still attend?
Yes. For the Taco and Margarita Tour we can currently provide vegetarian and gluten-free options with advanced notice.
How Much food is served?
On the Taco and Margarita Tour you will enjoy 4-5 tacos and a serving of chips and salsa.
what is included in the ticket price?
Tacos, two margaritas, restaurant gratuity, tour guide, water, sparkling water and transportation are included in the ticket price.
What is not included in the ticket price?
Any other food or drink outside of what is provided on the tour. Feel free to purchase additional food or drink at each stop. Gratuity for guide and bus driver.
What do I bring on the tour?
Bring yourself and your appetite. You can BYOB on the bus (no glass containers) and one of the stops allows BYOB. Some people bring small coolers with beer or wine.
What about gratuity?
Gratuity is not included in the ticket price. If you feel like the tour was informative and entertaining, tips are always appreciated. The amount is up to you. Any tips will be also be shared with the bus driver.
Where do we meet?
You will receive an email a day or two before the tour. We will meet inside the restaurant for our first tasting.
Are tickets refundable?
No. Tickets are non-refundable and tours happen rain or shine. Tickets may be transferred to another guest.
Can my tour be cancelled?
The tours require a minimum number of participants. If the minimum is not met tickets will be refunded.
Getting to and from?
We highly encourage guests to use Uber or Lyft to the meeting point. The tour bus returns to the pick up point at the end of the tour.
are bathrooms available?
Yes. Each stop has restrooms available for guests